Monday, January 4, 2010

First Blog...Ever.

To start my second trimester as a graduate student seeking my Master's in Education, I was assigned the task of starting a blog.  The class is Literature for Children - so, obviously, this blog will be dedicated to analyzing literature for both children and young adults.  My assignment for this blog is to give a brief summary of the content of the book, and an idea for how a teacher might relate the book to her students' learning.  I also have to provide the following bibliographic information in each blog:
Title of Book:
ISBN:
Author Name:
Illustrator (if any) Name:
Date of Publication:
Award Won (Newbery, Caldecott, etc.):
Age Recommendation:
Group Represented (Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, Jewish, Muslim, Deaf, Autistic, etc.):

This assignment should be interesting.  I have been an avid reader all my life, and specifically focusing on the books I grew up reading will be a fun task.  I look forward to comparing and contrasting my adolescent view of literature to my adult view.  As I move forward with this blog, some books will be assigned for class, while others are my own choice.  So, whoever you are Reader, enjoy my recommendations and criticisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment